One Paper Games
One Paper Games are a new kind of boardgame I’ve invented. (I don’t know if you can call it a new genre, but I haven’t seen anything like it before.)
The idea is simple. Each time you want to play, print a single paper and grab a pen! It’s literally a full game, which is played with a single piece of paper. (Usually by players writing on it.)
The idea has clear benefits over (traditional) games:
- It’s extremely quick to setup or clean up
- It’s cheap. (Only need to grab or print a piece of paper + pens, of which people usually have an abundance.)
- It easily supports few or many players.
- It can be easily paused, taken with you when traveling, explained to others, folded.
- It opens up loads of opportunities. (Which I have, obviously, started exploring.)
The downside is, of course, that it doesn’t feel or look as nice as a boardgame with nice (wooden) components. And some things are not possible in this format, such as card games, or bigger games.